Incoming FAQs

1. How do I apply to study at ESAB as an Erasmus / Exchange student?

To apply, you have to enter the online application and fulfill all the things requested. Please note that we will ask you for:

-          The student application form.

-          The learning agreement.

-          A copy of your Transcript of Records from your home university.

-          A copy of your passport or Identity Card, before your arrival.

For further information :

2. If I don’t have all the documents, is it a problem?

Yes. If there’s any information missing, we won’t process your application until we receive all the documents.

3. I have already been accepted. Do I need to complete the forms?

Once you have been accepted, it is very important that all students complete the application process in order to be registered at the University Data Base. You can’t come to ESAB until you have completed the full application process and have received the acceptance letter.

4. I’m not an EU/EEA citizen. Can I apply?

Yes you can apply if our School/University and yours have signed a bilateral agreement to allow you make this exchange.

5. Will the ESAB provide accommodation? How can I get it?

You will be able to apply for accommodation if you come within the normal semester dates. Please, make sure that your booking has been done before coming. You will be responsible of finding your own accommodations. For the closest available option, you can contact the Residence in this link:

6. What about the European Health Insurance Card?

For all the European incoming students we remind you to bring the European Health Insurance Card. This is necessary to access the public system.

7. Which subjects I can choose?

You can choose subjects from any course and degree if your home university accepts it. Be careful because if you choose subjects from different degrees and courses you may have problems with the timetable and maybe some subjects will be overlapping. We advise you to check the schedules available on the website and choose the groups that best fit, before the enrollment.

8. Are the subjects different for the spring and autumn semester?

The subjects to be taken in Q1, Q3, Q5 and Q7 correspond to the Winter Semester (From September to January) and the ones taught in Q2, Q4, Q6 and Q8 are for the Spring Semester (From February to June).

9. How can I get from Barcelona to ESAB?

You can arrive by train with the R2 line (21 minuts), by bus with the L95 (35 minuts)  line or by car (15 minuts). Please see this link:

10. When do I have to do the enrollment?

You will do the enrollment once you have arrived to ESAB. To do it with enough time, we suggest you to come some days before the lessons start.

11. How can I contact the professors?

You can contact with professors once you have made your enrollment. The email addresses are available on the “Atenea” website.

Also   you can find some email addresses in this  link

12 .Can I make changes on the learning agreement once the lessons have started?

You can make changes to the learning agreement if your home university accepts that. If not, you cannot do them.

13. How can I find credentials to entry in UPC courses?

When you will be enrolled, you can check information about your credentials in the links below. Anyway, you have to know you will receive an email to your account – this is the one that you have introduced at the moment of your registration to the incoming website.

14. When will I have my student card?

You will receive your student card shortly after enroll you and after you have uploaded the personal photo in the ATENEA system. It would take upto 2 or 3 weeks. It is very important that your postal address in Barcelona / Catalonia is included in the system. If it hasn’t been done, you will probably receive it at your home country. Here (Instructions to upload a picture for your UPC card) you can find instructions to upload your photo.

15. What if I lose my personal documentation during my stay (passport/ID card etc.)

In case you have been robbed or you have lost your personal documentation, you can check this information here:

International Students Office (ISO)

Campus Nord, edifici C3, plaça de Telecos
C. Jordi Girona, 1-3
08034 Barcelona
Tel. 93 401 69 37 Ask for Eulalia Miñarro
Fax 93 401 74 02

16. Where can I find information about professors and courses?

You can consult it on the website. Usually, each course has information about professor and details about his/her office and timetable to contact them. Also you can check details about professors’ office place, email and phone number in the directory of  the university website (

17. Can you give me the summary of the process of my enrollment?